Monday, June 20, 2011

Oh to the cupcake!

Here is a little tid-bit on yours truly, I am NOT a fan of bananas.
Also I LOVE cupcakes (I can not say NO to them....EVER).
Last week I had some bananas that needed to be used a.s.a.p! (there are members of my family who do not share my dislike for this fruit). I came across a recipe for Banana Cupcakes over at Crystal B. then and now and got in and made them right away. I do have a LOVE for bananas when mixed with flour, sugar, and vanilla frosting....I mean who wouldn't?
Banana/ Cream Cheese Cupcakes

2 cupcake pans w/ paper liners
Preheat oven to 350.

1 box white cake mix
1 c. sour cream
3 very ripe bananas (mashed)
6 Tbs. butter (melted)
2 eggs
1/4 c. water
Combine all above ingredients in a lg. mixing bowl and beat on med-low speed for 2 min. Using an ice cream scoop, fill the paper liners w/ batter and bake according to the directions on the cake mix box.....usually about 18 min.
Remove from the oven when a toothpick comes out clean and cool before frosting.

Frosting
1/2 pk. (4oz) cream cheese at room temp.
1/2 stick of butter at room temp.
3 c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla and a pinch of salt
Mix all together on med-low speed for 5 min. until light and fluffy.
*Due to time and ingredients on hand I used a tub of store bought vanilla frosting and it worked well also. I then topped the cupcakes with Sugar in the Raw (found in the baking section next to the brown and white sugar)

All I can say is Ymmm!!!
I think I was the one who ate the most of these.
Happy Monday!
~Marla

1 comment:

koralee said...

Now these are my kinda cupcakes...thanks for sharing the jOY Happy weekend. xoxo