Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Good Bye Summer

Today has a real feeling of Fall with the date on the calender being September 1st and the big kids having started school today. There was rain yesterday and a crispness in the air for the last week. Because of these things I do believe Summer has left us, but before it is gone completely there are a few things I need to say Good Bye to...
the need for sunglasses...

the laughter when mama realizes hers have been stolen...


outings like a day at the local county fair...

my fun blue chair for magazine reading while dinner is near by on the BBQ...


my fountain for the sound of running water and for the place the kids store their water balloons during battle...

to the pool that gave us all lots of fun filled hours of cooling off in the heat...

What are the things you are going to miss most about this last Summer?
~Blessings, Marla

 

3 comments:

Kristi said...

The thrill of watching my kids learn to swim! That and catching fireflies in the backyard.

Shannan Martin said...

Well, it looks like September made the both of us a bit nostalgic! ;) I love your blue chair. I posted a pic of my friend's blue chair recently and I think it may be the twin sister to yours!

koralee said...

Happy September my friend..oh I doooooo love that blue chair of yours...hope you can sit in it for a while longer in the Sept. sun..keeping my fingers crossed. oxxoo